- What is CUCET 2012??
CUCET – is “Central Universities Common Entrance Test”. This test is held by seven Central Universities together, for admission to about 99 Undergraduate, Integrated, Post-graduate & Research programmes in these Universities. It provides a single window opportunity for a student to get admission across 99 programs in 7 Universities.
- Which are the Seven Central Universities participating in the CUCET – 2012?
Central Universities of Bihar, Jammu, Jharkhand, Kashmir, Kerala, Rajasthan & Tamil Nadu.
- How many programmes can one apply?
All eligible students can apply upto 2 programs of his/her choice. But care should be taken to ensure that you apply only for those programs for which you are eligible. It means a candidate may apply for two programmes, whether for one University only or two Universities. However, he/she may be considered for as many Universities offering the same /similar programmes with similar eligibility criteria, through single entrance test.
- How much is the examination fee? Is it different, if I apply for more programmes?
There is only one common Examination fee, whether a candidate applies for one/two programmes. The details are as follows:
|General / OBC Candidates
- How to deposit Examination fee?
Prescribed examination fee may be deposited through Bank Challan form in all CBS branches of Indian Overseas Bank only. Indian Overseas Bank Challan may be downloaded from www.cucet.co.in or www.cub.ac.in.
- How to apply through online?
Visit Central Universities Common Entrance Test website www.cucet.co.in and follow following steps:
- Click on New User Registration and enter your data in the online application form.
- Click on the I Agree button to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Fill in the details requested in the application form (If you have doubts please click on to the how to fill the form link at the top)
- Click on Save and Continue to choose a password and the hint questions that will be asked, if you forget your password.
- Now click on Save and Continue to register
- The screen will now display your CUCET ID.
- After successful registration, you will get an email containing your CUCET ID and CUCET password; use this to modify your details. Refer your CUCET ID for all future correspondence.
- Payment of Fee. Please fill the details requested in the Fee Payment window. (If you have doubt, please click on the link “How to make payment” for further details)
- Take a print out of the Acknowledgement Slip and send it along with your payment challan to: BLUESHIFT 6th floor East Wing, Chamiers Towers 23 &24, Chamiers Road, Chennai - 600 018.
- How will I know that my application has reached you?
As soon as your application is received with payment authentication, an automated e-mail will be sent to the mail id you have given in the application form, if you have applied online.
- What will be the syllabus for the exam?
For all integrated programs, subject related questions will be equal to the 12th Std (CBSE Board). For postgraduate programs, it will be based on undergraduate syllabus. A common paper will be administered for all programs on general knowledge & awareness.
- When will the result be declared?
The results will be available on the website www.cucet.co.in on June 15, 2012 (Tentative). You can print your score card from the website.
- How the admission will be given
Admissions are handled at the level of each of these 7 Central Universities, for their respective programs. The common criteria are:
- Whether you have applied for that particular program in that University as a first choice. (If left over seats are there, candidates with second and third choice may also be considered).
- Your ranking in the CUCET for that programme (Higher the Score, better are your chances)
- Your meeting the eligibility criteria prescribed by that University.
If, you fulfilling these criteria, you will be called for counselling by the University for Admission.
- How candidates will know their name in CUCET – 2012 merit list?
Candidates have to visit the University website for which he has applied.
- Where I have to send or submit filled in application form?
Completed filled in Application Form along with bank challan can be submitted back to University from which you have purchased this form or post it to the nearest participating Central University. Last date of receiving the completed application form is 17th May, 2012 till 5.00 PM.
- How do I get my Admit Card/Hall Ticket?
From May 28-30, 2012, visit www.cucet.co.in and enter your code in the appropriate box and click “submit”. Now take the printout of your Admit Card/ Hall Ticket.
- What are the Counselling dates of Central University of Bihar?
Couselling dates will be announced in June, 2012.
- What is the programme fee payable after selection at Central University of Bihar?
Fee Structure for Master Programmes in CUB for Academic Year 2012-13:
||Development Studies, Economics, English, Hindi, Political Science & International Relations, Mathematics, Psychology, Sociology & Statistics.
||General / OBC Candidates
||Bio-informatics, Biotechnology, Communication & Media Studies and Environmental Science
||M. Tech in Computer Science
- Are there any financial assistance schemes for admitted students at Central University of Bihar?
Yes, there are different types of scholarships based on merit, means, attendace, earn while you learn etc. in addition to various Government Schemes.
- Is there any hostel facility at Central University of Bihar?
The University has limited hostel and mess facilities for students at present. Rooms, if available are allotted on first come and first serve basis. However, efforts are on to expand hostels for the students. Presently University has separate hostels for Boys and Girls.
- What are the programmes offered by Central University of Bihar?
Central University of Bihar is offering M.Sc. in Bio-informatics, Biotechnology, Computer Science, Environmental Science, Mathematics, Life Science, Statistics, M. Tech. Computer Science, and M.A. in Communication & Media Studies, Development Studies, Economics, English, Hindi, Political Science & International Relations, Psychology and Sociology.