- When this University was established??
Central University of Bihar (CUB) is one among the newly founded fifteen Central Universities by the Government of India under the enactment of the Central Universities Act, 2009 (25 of 2009).
- What is the current location of the University?
The University is presently located at the premises of Birla Institute of Technology- Patna (Camp Office: BIT Campus, PO: B.V. College, Patna – 800014). Permanent location of the University is under consideration of the Central Government.
- How a Central University is different from others?
- The Central University is established by the Central Government through an Act of parliament.
- The Central University is provided full funding by the Central Govt. through the UGC.
- Who is the Head of the University?
The president of India being the visitor of the University is the head of the University.
- What are various decision-making statutory bodies of this University?
- The Court
- Executive Council
- Academic Council
- Finance Committee
- Which Institutions/ Colleges will be affiliated to it?
The Central University of Bihar will be fully residential with no affiliating Institutions. It will have schools and centres as academic divisions.
- What are the various schools and centres of this University?
On the recommendation of the Academic Council, the Executive Council of this University in its 2nd meeting held on 9th January 2010 approved the following 14 Schools:
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science
- School of Physical and Chemical Sciences
- School of Earth, Biological and Environmental Sciences
- School of Technology
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Social Sciences and Policy
- School of Human Sciences
- School of Languages and Literature
- School of Media, Arts & Aesthetics
- School of Management
- School of Education
- School of Vocational Studies
- School of Law and Governance, and
- School of Agriculture and Development
However, currently following schools have started functioning with Master’s programmes and Doctoral Programmes are also to be launched soon.
- School of Earth, Biological and Environmental Sciences,
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, and
- School of Social Sciences & Policy
- What are the salient features of academic curriculum of the University?
Followings are the key features of the academic curriculum of CUB:
- Divisions in Schools and Centres/Departments
- Semester System
- Choice Based Credit System (CBCS)
- Evaluation System: ‘Continuous internal evaluation’
- Infrastructure and Ambience
- Psychological Counseling and Guidance Services
- E-Governance System
- Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Admission and National Character
- What are various academic programmes currently being offered by the University?
Kindly visit CUB website at http://www.cub.ac.in
- What are various facilities for the students?
- Serene Environment
- Computer Lab
- Hostel & Mess
- Health Center
- Co-Curricular Activities / Sports
- Scholarship/ Assistantship
- Is there any geographical boundary of the University?
The University may be located anywhere in Bihar. But it will be national in terms of employees, students and Faculty.
- What about M. Phil & Ph.D from this year?
M.Phil. and Ph.D. programmes are under planning. The University will have to prepare itself in terms of qualified faculty, Library, labs priors to launching of these research programmes.
- What are the Main concerns of the University?
To make efforts to maintain highest quality in higher education and research.
- What is its present address?
Central University of Bihar
BIT Campus (Camp Office)
P.O. - B.V. College, Patna - 80 00 14
Tel./Fax (Office): 91-612-2226535
- Who is Central Public Information Officer of this University?
Mr. Bipul Kumar Srivastav, Assistant Registrar
Phone No.: 0612-2227600
- What is the Web site of CUB?
- Admission Enquiry :
Please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org